[Sticky] Rifle Fitting (video)
Sal forwarded me this excellent video on rifle fitting, I recommend viewing. We can work on these adjustments if anyone is in need, attend a practice and ask for help.
wow, there are 10 aspects I could remember, not a simple process, ask for/get help.
- length of pull (trigger and general alignment with rifle)
- front hand rest (for prone elbow angle and position height)
- cheek rest (for proper alignment of eye with sight and repeatability)
- rear hooks (for rifle natural point of aim in prone and offhand)
- sight position (on rail for proper eye relief to rear sight)
- offhand grip (height and rotation for natural grounded arm position)
- trigger weight (for legal pull and not excessive pull)
- location of relay rounds (for ease of use in each position)
- prone strap hook bungy (for release on exiting prone position)
- length and location of carry harness and straps (for easy removal and replace)